Thursday, July 30, 2015

Gondola Republic

Big on our agenda this AM was a ride in the gondola. Talinn was super excited plus BD had told me that I had to take BB on it. Knowing me, I may have thought twice about paying 80 euros for 30 mins. The guy at the stop near our house was suddenly over-the-top busy today. The day before he'd been begging us for a ride but today all the gondolas were packed. We decided to return In the evening.







Our gondola ride is what memories are made of! We went on a lovely loop around the smaller canals, before getting onto the grand canal with Rialto as the backdrop. BB and I wished that we could charter a gondola for the entire day and just drift around the canals. It's just so relaxing, languid, and perfectly Venice. 


What a great way to wind up our stay here and bottle up all the canal memories! 

No comments: